ABC Tag (stolen from The Author, who stole it from Nimrodel... who stole it from Lois Johnson)

Well, well, well! Looks like I haven't posted in FOREVER (again) and I stole a tag (again). I'm a Baggins. Bilbo's occupation was "Burglar" for like a year. Nothing new here, dear friends.

Anyway, I was too late to beat The Author at stealing the tag. (If you haven't done this tag yet, please do. Keep the stealing going!)

DISCLAIMER: This is going to have mostly Tolkien because, come on, what hobbit doesn't always have a Tolkien book they're trying to finish for the 8th time?


                  Author you've read the most books from


Tolkien! What did I tell ya?

Best sequel ever



The Book of Lost Tales: Part Two. I WAS going to put The Two Towers but I don't consider it as a sequel because The Lord of the Rings is one book.

Currently reading

I am currently reading, in no particular order: Dear and Glorious Physician by Taylor Caldwell, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien, Anastasia The Last Grand Duchess by Carolyn Meyer, and The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. Surprised I have so many books?

Drink of choice while reading


Bilbo's special tea OR hot chocolate (made by my mum)...

E-reader or physical book



Physical. You can smell physical books but NOT e-books. Who doesn't like the smell of old books?

Fictional character you probably would've dated in high school

Umm... what? What kind of question is this?

Food of choice while reading


Every food goes well with reading. Especially Bilbo's seed cakes!

Glad you gave this book a chance


I'm glad I read Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. I thought I wouldn't like it because I love the Disney movie SO MUCH. But it's actually REALLY good. It's almost verbatim to the 2003 Peter Pan movie. If you haven't seen it, go watch it. 

Hidden gem


Oh my gosh, The Jedi Path is a great book. If you want to become a student of the Force, this is the book for you. It's the perfect manual. Plus, all the greatest Jedi Masters signed the book.

Important moment in your reading life

I was going to buy this version when I was at Shakespeare and Co. in Paris last year...
The most important moment in my reading life was reading The Hobbit for the first time. I remember I was so mesmerized by the characters and the language Tolkien used. It completely changed my life.

Just finished 


Everland by Wendy Spinale. It was so good! I'm anxious to find the other books of the series.

Kind of books you won't read

No romance or horror of any kind.

Longest book you've ever read



The Lord of the Rings is the longest and best book I've ever read. I rather enjoy long books. They're not very tempting for me to read the last chapter... PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT IS GUILTY OF THIS!

Major book hangover because of...

Probably The Lord of the Rings. But mostly hangover because of the Appendices...

Number of bookcases you own

I'm trying to convince Bilbo to build this...
I have one for my room that has my personal books. In Bag End, we have several bookcases all around the hole. And in my house, I have one for my room and our living room has two bookcases.

One book you have read multiple times

I think I've read The Hobbit about 8 or 9 times.

Preferred place to read


On my special chair in Bag End. My bed is another frequent place too.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the the feels from a book you've read

"How do you give up the threads of an old life? How do you go on when in your heart you begin to understand, there is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep that have taken hold." Frodo Baggins, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King

This quote has helped me so much in the past few years. It's simply inexplicable. There's such an honest beauty to it that it just seems to hold the answers for me whenever I think of it.

Reading regret

I can't remember a single time I regretted reading a book!

Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in series)


The Inkheart series. Is that what it's called? I don't even know...

Three of your all-time favorite books

Definitely The Lord of the Rings is number one. My second favorite is The Hobbit. My third is probably Everland right now. But, knowing me, I'll change my answer soon...

Unapologetic fangirl for...

Tolkien's works. I haven't been fortunate enough to find On Fairy-Stories yet.

Very excited for this release more than all the others

Well, I WAS excited for Beren and Luthien but I took so long to do this tag that I can't submit that for my answer. I know there's another book but I can't think of it right now...

Worst bookish habit


Skimming or counting how many times a see a certain word. Or finding my favorite quote from the page and trying to memorize it.

X marks the spot: start at the top left of your shelf and pick up the 27th book


My dot-to-dot Tolkien book. It's so cool.

Your latest book purchase


I bought the entire Anne of Green Gables series yesterday. 

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late)


I don't really like reading before bed because I end up not being able to fall asleep. I think about what would happen if blank happened. Although I've noticed that I have much better dreams after I read or when I have a book under my pillow.


I actually finished it! Aren't you proud of me? I bet you are. Have a fun rest of the day!

Comments

  1. Oh hey, Inkheart! I read the first one, sort of liked it, read the second one, and cared too little about it to bother reading the third one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about it which is mostly the only reason why I decided to try it... plus it was on sale at the second hand store XD

      Delete
  2. Awesome that you're reading The Phantom of the Opera! Let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same experience with The Hobbit #lifechanging ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts