Cake Flavored Book Tag (stolen from...)

*cue random post!

Okay, since when is there a tag about cake?! I didn't know about this, you guys! And I'm really sad about it! But at least I found out about it now and I can steal it from Erudessa at The Flowering Vales. It is originally from Summer Snowflakes but I made this new tag button.




1. Chocolate Cake (a Dark Book you absolutely love)

Well, The Return of the King is a pretty dark book(at least for me). The Scouring of the Shire was pretty frightening... so I'll choose that one.




2. Vanilla Cake (a Light Read)

The Story of A Soul by Saint Therese of Lisieux. I'm almost finished with it but it's so easy to read. When I get tired of reading a book, I always pick this one up!


3. Red Velvet (a book that gave you Mixed Emotions)

(First off, this cake flavor should be marble cake! It's literally both vanilla AND chocolate mixed together... I'm just saying.)

Anyway, the book that gave me mixed emotions was Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit. 


*VIEWER DISCRETION! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!*





I first read this book when I was in, I think, 4th grade. I'm not entirely sure but I read it a while ago. So I read it recently and I'm kind of disturbed by the thought of this being a reality. I was happy that Winnie didn't drink from the everlasting fountain (or whatever the official name is) but I'm also sad that she didn't end up with Jesse. It was cute and all and a part of me wanted that relationship to happen but I'm proud that Winnie was able to think about it rationally. So this was a MAJOR mixed emotions book. I've never encountered a book who gave me this much... whatever this feeling is.


4. Cheesecake (a book you would Recommend to Anyone)

Definitely The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien! Some people are very intimidated by LOTR so I always recommend The Hobbit to them first. It's the perfect book for any stage reader!



5. Coffee Cake (a book you Did Not Finish)

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. I've been meaning to finish reading this book for a while now but I always get distracted with another book to read. I still intend on reading it!


6. Carrot Cake (a book with Great Writing)

Dear and Glorious Physician by Taylor Caldwell. This book is about Saint Luke and it's simply indescribable. I can't wait to read more of this author's works!



7. Tiramisu (a book that left you Wanting More)

Definitely Umberland by Wendy Spinale. This is the only "teen/YA fiction" that I read and I need more of it. There's a book before this called Everland and that one was really good as well. I haven't read the prequel and I'm not sure if she's announced that she's writing another book for this series...




8. Cupcakes (a series with 4+ Books)

Does The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes count? I know there are several stories but I'm not sure if they count as books? Well, that's my answer and I'm sticking with it!

But seriously, WHY haven't I been reading Sherlock Holmes all along?! It's AMAZING!!!

(And now that I think about it, I could have used A Study in Scarlet or The Sign of the Four as an answer for the first question... oh well!)

Aren't these GORGEOUS?!
9. Fruit Cake Pound Cake(a book that wasn't What You Anticipated)

I don't like fruit cake... so I'm changing it to Pound cake because EVERY time I eat pound cake I expect something different from what I taste.

Anyway, a book that wasn't what I anticipated was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll. This book impressed me! I was expecting it to be peculiar and an easy read but it wasn't. It was extremely peculiar and quite difficult to read. What made it difficult to read was how the characters were confusing Alice. It made my head spin and I often got frustrated with the book for not being simple. Like, "OKAY WE GET IT! THEY'RE ALL MAD! CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE IT EASY NOW?!"

Other than that, I enjoyed it. I had a couple of laughs here and there but it was definitely an experience I was NOT expecting.


10. Lamington Confetti Cake (a book that was your favorite as a kid)

(And I'm changing this last one to confetti cake because I don't have a favorite Australian book...)

Aha! Now we have come to it at last! I've never read a single post about what people read as a kid. As for me, I read Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney very frequently when I was a wee lass. I also remember reading Nathan and Nicholas Alexander by Lulu Delacre. There are obviously more than two favorite childhood memories but these are WAY at the top of the list.

And for the grand finale, here is a lovely confetti cake for you all!

Doesn't it just make you smile?!

Feel free to take this tag(and button) for your own use! I hope you enjoyed reading! Should I do a movie version of this tag? What's your favorite cake and why?! Have a glorious, confetti-filled day!

Comments

  1. Good answers! And yes, The Hobbit is the second book I recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh cool post! I still need to read A Story of a Soul - glad to know it's easy to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had been meaning to read it for YEARS but just found so many other things to read. Just pick it up! I couldn't put it down once I started :D

      Delete
  3. Your answer for question three was great! Plus, the Sherlock Holmes books are amazing reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Evan, an artist who also likes to dabble in writing. I just found your blog! It's so cute!

      Delete
    2. *curtsies* How do you do? I'm Fawn, a hobbit just trying to have fun in life XD
      Thanks! And that reminds me to update my blog. Nice meeting you! See you around!

      Delete
  4. The Hobbit is my favorite J.R.R. Tolkien. I just love it so much!

    Tuck Everlasting definitely gave mixed thoughts.

    Nice answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! So many great memories with that book!

      You have no idea how torn I was when I read it... #scarred XD

      Thanks! I want to do a movie version though! Interested?! ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes! I would like reading your answers for a movie version!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts