Winter Wonderland Tag // Life Update

Hey friends! Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you all!

First, let me start off by saying "oops" and "sorry" for not really being on here recently. A lot of changes happened between my unexpected adventure to Europe and Christmas. 

For one thing, I got a job! And for another, I'm in an intensive coding program for school and that's been taking my time up as well. Also, my little nephews have been coming over our house a lot to give my sisters a break. And one of them already has a tooth coming in so he's pretty fussy. And(last thing I promise), my grandma came to live with us because she has to stay in bed... *inhales* that was a lot to say.

Anyway, I've been trying to get some pictures up from my last trip for you guys to see but for some weird reason, they're not in the order of our trip. So I've been trying to rearrange them in order. But would you guys rather I just caption the pictures instead of trying to put them in order? If any of you can please comment your thoughts on this, I'd really appreciate it!

But aside from all the craziness, let's get on with this tag!

I wasn't tagged for this but I saw Cordy post it a while ago and I liked it so much that I saved it as a draft so I could do it later! So here I present to you:
_____________________________________________________________


She didn't have a button for it so I made one. Credit: Terry Redlin and the Redlin Art Center.
I literally just looked up "Winter Wonderland" and this Christmas card came up. It's so pretty!
P.S. Apparently this picture is being sold for $150 on their website. Yikes.

1. Name a few things you love about Winter and a few things you don't love so much about it.

Well, I love bundling up before going outside and I love watching the little hobbits playing in the snow. I also love the cold because friends and family tend to come for visits for no reason!

But I don't love that I can't walk barefoot all the time. And I also don't love that there aren't flowers in my garden or a lot of warmth from the sun.

2. When you were a child, did you "believe" in Santa Claus?

Of course! And I don't know a single person (or hobbit) that didn't!

3. Is there a book or movie that you really love to read in the Winter as opposed to other times of year?

Books, not really. But a big yes to movies! I love watching all the Christmas movies with my family!

4. Is there a particular Christmas movie that you watch EVERY year as a tradition?

We always watch The Polar Express and drink hot chocolate when "the hot chocolate" scene comes on. We also watch It's A Wonderful Life and Elf every year.


5. Do you usually get a real tree or a fake tree for Christmas? Who's in charge of decorating it at your house?

Always a real tree! And my family and I decorate it together. All of my sisters and I have our special ornaments that we made as kids and when they come over, they put theirs on the tree!

6. Does your family usually stay home or go visiting (relatives, friends, etc.) on Christmas Day?

On Christmas Day, we usually stay home. But Christmas Eve, we go to mass and to a relative's house. This year, we had the Christmas Eve gathering at my uncle's house and about 50 family members were there. It was very crowded but entertaining!

7. What does your family usually do on New Years Eve? Any traditions? Do you ever stay up till midnight?

On New Year's Eve, we try our hardest to stay up until midnight but we've failed a couple of years, haha! We usually eat tons of appetizers like mozzarella sticks, cocktail shrimp, potato skins, etc. And we drink bottles and bottles of sparkling apple cider!

8. Do you get snow where you live? If so, have you ever built a snowman and named him Olaf?

At home with my family, I don't. But it snows at Bag End. Frodo and I have a major snowball fight during the first snow of the season. We've never built a snowman named Olaf before! We should do that someday though. *gasps* That's a good idea...


9. If it's snowing outside, would you prefer to go outside and build snowmen and enjoy it, or would you rather stay inside with a blanket and something hot to drink and maybe a movie or a book?

I would much prefer to stay inside. But I don't know what it is about when the snow falls, I always go outside when that happens!

10. When do you start looking forward to or getting excited about Spring?

Usually after New Year's, I look forward to spring. I love spring. Everything is so new and fresh!

_____________________________________________________________


Now for some more stuff to bother you with.

This blog is approaching it's two year anniversary! And since I so smartly missed the first one, I've decided to do something for the second one. But I'm not sure what to do exactly. I was thinking of recording a podcast (since I made a vow to not show my face until I turn 18) but I'm not sure how entertaining that will be.

If I were to do a podcast, I would probably make a celebratory batch of cupcakes in the podcast and I'll just rant about random stuff. Maybe Frodo will come in and ruin it but I don't know...

Or I could host a live-stream of all the Hobbit/LOTR Extended Edition movies on YouTube and comment on it as we watch it?

I have no idea what to do so if you guys can help me out and comment below on what I should do, that would be great. Also if you wanna bring some friends and tell them to put their ideas in the comments, that works too.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts