Yeah, you go, Gandalf! When have I never told you that though?
Thank you so much, Hamlette, for hosting the Tolkien Party of Special Magnificence! On with the festivities!
The Tolkien Tag *trumpet blares*
1. How many books by J.R.R. Tolkien have you read?
I have read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Unfinished Tales: Part One, and I'm determined to finish The Silmarillion by Thursday. Fingers crossed!
2. Have you seen any movies based on them?
Yes... ALL OF THEM! :D
3. Are there any scenes/moments that make you cry?
Yes... ALL OF THEM! Just kidding! A lot of them do actually. When Gandalf tells Frodo that hobbits still surprise him, when Sam tells Frodo that it's the farthest away from home he's ever been... *sniffle*
|"Keep it together... be strong!"|
AND THAT'S JUST THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING GUYS...
But with all the crying scenes, my heart is sad of the moment. Then my mind laughs at myself for crying and the way some people cry on screen... *slow grin* So I'm always stuck in the middle, haha.
|OR BOTH?! Trust me, it's PAINFUL.|
Y'all know the answer to that one! Fawnabelle Baggins, at your service! *curtsies*
6. Who would you want to party with/marry/fight to the death? (pick three characters)
HOBBITS, HOBBITS, HOBBITS! Seriously, any of the hobbits will do. I don't really know about the marrying aspect of this question because 1) they all get married except Frodo 2) I know them all very well especially Frodo and 3) just no. Therefore, I will exclude the marrying part of this question...
And fight to the death ALONGSIDE the hobbits. (I saw that I didn't really specify but I'm sure you got the message ;)
7. When was the last time you visited Middle Earth, via books or movies?
Um, I live in Middle Earth...? But via books or movies, a couple of minutes ago. And every day before that... (and probably every day after this XD )
8. Do you consider Gollum to be a villain? Why or why not?
Yes and no. Sure he was a villain but then he helped us get to Mordor. So yeah... did I say "us"?! *nervous laugh* Next question please...
9. How would you sum up what Tolkien's stories mean to you in one word?
How can one pick a single word? I suppose HOPE would do. Yes. Hope is my answer.
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotes from the books or movies.
You expect me to pick 10?! I'll pick 10 from The Hobbit. That seems more likely to happen XD
In no particular order:
1. " 'What do you mean?' he said. 'Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?' " -Gandalf, An Unexpected Party
2. "Now I know what a piece of bacon feels like when it is suddenly picked out of the pan on a fork and put back on the shelf!" -Bilbo Baggins, Out of the Frying-Pan into the Fire
3. "I came from the end of bag, but no bag went over me. I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ring-winner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider." -Bilbo Baggins, Inside Information
4. "Don't be a fool, Mr. Baggins if you can help it; and in the name of all wonder don't mention the word furrier again as long as you are within a hundred miles of his house, nor rug, cape, tiffet, muff, nor any other such unfortunate word!" -Gandalf, Queer Lodgings
5. "It sailed a hundred yards through the air and went down a rabbit-hole, and in this way the battle was won and the game of Golf was invented at the same time." -J.R.R. Tolkien, An Unexpected Party
6. "'Praps we sits here and chats with it a bitsy, my preciousss. It likes riddles, praps it does, does it?'" -Gollum, Riddles In The Dark
7. "For three days he sneezed and coughed, and he could not go out, and even after that his speeches and banquets were limited to 'Thag you very buch.' " -J.R.R. Tolkien, A Warm Welcome
8. "You should not be so fat. As you are, you must be with the last and lightest boatload. Don't start grumbling against orders, or something bad will happen to you." -Thorin, Flies and Spiders
9. " 'Dear me! More walking and more climbing without breakfast! I wonder how many breakfasts and other meals, we have missed inside that nasty clockless, timeless hole?' " -Bilbo Baggins, Not At Home
10. "I may be a burglar -- or so they say: personally I never felt like one -- but I am an honest one, I hope, more or less." -Bilbo Baggins, A Thief in the Night
I hope y'all have enjoyed this tag! Maybe learned a few things too! Check back again soon!