The Hobbit 30 Day Challenge: Day 4

Yayyy! So happy! I've been posting for four days straight! Wassup y'all?! Okay, I'm calm. And collected. Let's get to it!


YES I HAVE AND VERY PROUD! Like who wouldn't be proud to take the time to memorize riddles? Am I right or am I right? Okay riddle time! *clears throat*

1. A box without hinges, key, or lid,
Yet golden treasure inside is hid.

2. Thirty white horses on a red hill,
First they champ,
Then they stamp,
And then they stand still.

3. Alive without breath,
As cold as death,
Never thirsty ever drinking,
All in mail never clinking.

4. Voiceless cries,
Wingless flutters,
Toothless bites,
Mouthless mutters.

5. What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
Yet never grows?

TA-DA! Those are all the riddles I know so far. I would like to memorize all of them eventually. That would be so cool!

Have you memorized any riddles? What are they? What's your favorite riddle?

Comments

  1. Ooh, nice! I don't have any riddles memorized but I know some other Middle-earth poems, songs, and lays. I know Beren's song of parting from The Sil, ("Farewell, sweet earth and Northern sky...") The Fall of Gil-Galad, Aragorn's poem (All that is gold does not glitter..."), Sam's song from ROTK, A Elbereth Gilthoniel, and Tuor's Song. My favorite is probably Beren's Song.

    Farewell sweet earth and Northern sky,
    Forever blessed since here did lie,
    And here with lissom limbs did run,
    Beneath the Moon, beneath the Sun,
    Luthien Tinuviel
    More fair than mortal tongue can tell,
    Though all to ruin fell the world,
    And were dissolved and backward hurled,
    Unmade into the old abyss,
    Yet were its making good for this,
    The dusk, the dawn, the earth, the sea,
    That Luthien for a time should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's really impressive! Considering that the riddles are shorter. I know Aragorn's poem as well but I think that's it. There's so much that I want to accomplish! :D

      Delete
    2. Haha, thanks! That's one of the best parts of Middle-earth...there's always so much more to learn! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts